Here is a great idea for Mother of the Bride gifts.. it’s a "Wedding Week Survival Kit"! Moms of the bride have a lot to do during that week before the wedding and are usually the “go to” person for everything. I put one together for myself before both of our weddings and my survival kit was a wildly successful. Seems like someone was always raiding it and the joke became.. “Check with Mom, it’s in her wedding week emergency bag”. As a result I am now making these and gifting to all my girlfriends .. be they Moms of the Bride or Moms of the Groom! It is also a fun and useful bride to be gift or a nice idea for the bride to make for her maid of honor. So see what you need to create your own Wedding Week Survival Kit!
What goes in a wedding week survival kit? A cosmetic bag is the
first thing you need so there is a place to keep all the items. Make
sure it is big enough to fit everything. The nice thing is that after
the wedding, it is still useful and a nice remembrance of the wedding!
Here are some of the most requested emergency items I found from our own 2 weddings. Many of these were actually from past hotel visits where they leave you travel size items like the sewing kit and eye makeup wipes in the room. These small items are great for these Mother of the Bride gifts! We have also included a free printable card with a poem we wrote! You'll see the link to print further down.
1. Safety pins – had to replenish these mid-week
2. Bobbie pins – in case those beautiful hair styles start to fall
3. Hairspray – we were using this in the bridal room before they walked down the aisle!
4. Tylenol – Highly requested by many
5. Tums – to settle excited tummies
6. Gum – no time for a quick toothbrushing.. this will keep breath fresh
7. Bandaids – you just never know
8. Small sewing kit - Someone always looking for this one
9. Kleenex – A MUST
10. Eye makeup remover wipe – yes, tears flow, make up runs
11. Shoe Shine Sponge – can’t have dirty shoes.. the guys were looking for this right before the wedding
12. Fresh breath spray – a quick spritz and you are good as new!
13. Dental Floss or a Toothpick.. no one wants food in their teeth for the photos! YES.. had to actually give this to someone!
14. Ponytail holders.. hot and sweating on the dance floors.. the girls were flocking to me for one of these Replenish as needed throughout the week!
What's a gift without a card.. Here’s a fun poem and a cute printable card for these Mother of the Bride gifts. Just print and fold and add your name!
More Creative ideas for planning your wedding here!